Tuesday 2 January 2018

Happy New Year - and a surprise!


What will 2018 bring? Hopefully a kinder world but also, on a personal note, I hope you receive a delicious amount of what you want and not too much of what you'd prefer to avoid! In any event, I wish you happy reading!

2018 marks 8 years since the completion of my first manuscript, which would go on to become The Housemaid's Daughter. It also marks the first anniversary of the publication of my latest novel, The Girl from Simon's Bay. And, as you know, I've been blogging about my journey along this road from the very beginning.

Just recently, I was amazed to spot a new version of The Housemaid's Daughter on Instagram. Here it is, with a most evocative cover. Foreign publishers are supposed to send a few copies of their translated versions of the book to the author but sometimes this doesn't happen, or it takes rather a long time. So... I can be checking out something completely different and up will pop a new edition in a language that I don't recognise. Surprise!

Google Translate can help, but in this case I'm not sure I'd have been able to copy the appropriate words into the translator! I'm also intrigued that my surname in Bulgarian consists of 3 letters. And, talking of tricky translations, here is the title of the book in Chinese...

Re the mystery version above, I confess I had to leave a plaintive message in cyberspace asking what language it was and a kind reader obliged! I'm delighted to see this handsome edition, and I hope that my Bulgarian readership will continue to grow!
KbCMeT!
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment