Monday 4 December 2017

165 Blog Posts - and counting...


It's been a quite a year!
My new book, The Girl from Simon's Bay, has been published in paperback, e-book, audiobook - and recently in Spanish. The year kicked off with a series of launches in South Africa, comprising signings, talks and radio and TV interviews. If you missed any of them, you can find them on my website barbaramutch.com.
It's been wonderful to receive great feedback from readers far and wide, with a particular thank you to those of you who've taken the time to write a review on amazon for me. Every review propels boost the book further up the ranks so please keep them coming!

And let's not forget The Housemaid's Daughter, which continues to sell steadily and win new friends across the world in a total of 13 languages since its publication in 2012.

I started this blog in June of 2010 - more in hope than expectation - and called it 'Publishing my First Book'. It was a matter of dipping a toe in an industry that was completely new to me and seeing if I could survive. I never imagined that my writing would be successful in the wider world. Yet it has, and what a journey it's been!
I've made new friends, rediscovered old ones, absorbed lessons from more experienced writers and editors, and honed my craft through their input.

Since 2010, I've written 165 blog posts describing the background, research and whimsical back stories that have underpinned each of my novels, from the stark Karoo to the wartime naval dockyard of Simon's Town and beyond. And always, through everything I write, runs the vibrant, seductive charm of South Africa.
"There's everything here," says a character in The Girl from Simon's Bay.
"Beauty. Cruelty. Humanity. You won't ever lack material."

No comments:

Post a Comment