Sunday 19 March 2017

A Launch to remember!



It's been quite some week!
The Girl from Simon's Bay is now well and truly launched!

Four talks and signings, several radio interviews (listen on my website barbaramutch.com), print media interviews, blog interviews and a TV appearance. I've certainly been kept on the hop promoting the book in Cape Town. I've met many new readers - and also reconnected with ones who had read my previous book, The Housemaid's Daughter. Thank you to all those who came along to find out more and then went on to purchase a copy!

Breakfast TV must be one of the liveliest workplaces around. It doesn't have to be regimented or particularly serious - it's all about engaging with the slightly sleepy viewer and making him/her feel good about waking up and facing the day. On my show, there was a band giving an impromptu performance, someone demonstrating indigenous flower arranging, a feature on how to choose a puppy(!), a guest chef about to prepare a sausage dish, and myself talking about my new book. Never a dull moment! If you haven't caught my TV clip yet, jump on to https://youtu.be/rlEwJq_h-Z8 or find it on my website.

And how did we ever survive without mobile phones? Aside from the humdrum matter of calls/texts/emails, welcome to the mobile phone as temporary radio studio. I found myself in a car, on live radio, discussing my book, offering my take on International Women's Day and then receiving a job offer from a presenter who said I had a good voice for the airwaves!
Just don't put the call on speaker - too much feedback.
Amazing what you learn along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment